When in Spain, eat Spanish. Relax! This is my own version, not the usual one. Spanish rice is one of the most famous Dishes consumed in Spain and nearby areas. This dish can be compared with Asian-style rice, which is different in aroma and flavors. People love to eat Spanish rice because this dish is not heavy at all. This is a good meal to enjoy, and one feels full enough when eating it. This dish got popular when it was infused with Mexican flavors. People loved the variation and bit of spice as Mexicans love spice. The word circulated, and hence the dish became popular.
In Spain, this dish is cooked in its usual way without any variation in the taste because the Spanish people believe in keeping the dish’s authenticity on its own. However, the people who live in Spain have agreed to add the variation of chicken broth in the recipe, which is not part of the recipe.
How to cook it?
In this recipe, the rice is cooked until brown. This crust and crispiness of rice is the essential part of the dish because it gives the rice a burnt taste that tastes very earthy when eaten. So here is how you can cook this super easy recipe and enjoy it anytime:
- First, you will have to take some oil in a large spacious pan and let it get hot.
- Then directly add the rice without soaking them.
- Keep on stirring the rice, and you will see that it has started to turn brown.
- Then you will have to add some crushed garlic cloves and finely diced onion to the rice and keep stirring it frequently until both of the added ingredients seem cooked.
- In another pan, make some chicken broth.
- When done, add chopped tomatoes, some oregano, and a pinch of salt in it.
- Let it boil a few times so that the tomatoes in the broth get softened.
- Then add the brown rice to the broth while it is bubbling.
- Let the broth dry out for a few seconds, and then cover the plan’s lid
- Now lower the pan’s heat and cook the rice for at least 25 minutes.
- When done, remove the rice from the stove and then stir the rice lightly sanded to ensure that they do not stick with each other.
- Dish them out and serve them to your guests.
Also read: how to lose water weight.