Do you like healthy food all the time but want to cook it differently to develop taste? If so, then beets are the best option for you! Beets are both delicious and healthful. Despite high sugar content, they are low in calories and hold copious amounts of many nutrients, including vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. Well, there are multiple ways to cook beets, including roasting, boiling, and frying. If you want to understand how to cook beets, let’s get started from Step 1.
Method #1: Roasting
Before anything else, you have to prepare your beets first. For this, you will need to pick the freshest beets, remove their leaves, cut them from the tip and base. And finally, wash them thoroughly with water. Now, for roasting them, you will need to follow the below-listed easy steps:
- Firstly, you have to set your oven, preheat it to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Now, prepare the baking sheet. Go for a shallow baking sheet that is fit for roasting beets. You have to make sure that a baking sheet with aluminum foil is not mandatory to cover the beets from clinging. But bear in mind that beet juice may leak out, and it may seem spooky when served.
- It is time to wrap the beets in an aluminum film sheet. Ensure that the beets get moist and if you notice them turn dry, rinse them again. Now, gently wrap the sheet around each beet.
- Now, cook the beets in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes. Put them on the baking sheet and set them in.
- Remember to check the better every 20 minutes to add water if the beets begin to scorch.
- Once you notice it is ready, take it off from the oven, let it cool, check, and serve.
Method #2: Microwaving How to cook beets
Here is the easiest method to cook beets if you want to get secured from the hassles of the oven. Just follow the following steps to know how to cook beets in the microwave:
- Put the beets in a microwave-resistant dish. Now use a 4-quart (four liters) glass dish. The plate requires it to be deep enough so that the beets hang inside in a separate layer.
- Now add two tablespoons (35 ml) of water. Sprinkle the water all over the beets, moistening the tops and letting them run under the sides.
- Wrap the beets and microwave them for at least minutes. Turn the beets to the other side and microwave them again for another 4-5 minutes.
- Now, let them cool, peel the peels, and serve them.
Method #3: Frying
Another interesting method to cook beets is frying. Here are the steps:
- Firstly, peel off the beets.
- Now, cut the beets into toothpick-size pieces.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over the beet strips.
- Now, preheat vegetable oil on medium flame.
- Add the strips in the hot oil and fry them on a medium stockpot.
- As they turn brownish crispy, drain them out.
- Now, serve them by drizzling on a premade dish or serve as a salad.
Also Read: How to check airpod battery
Enjoy these healthy beets by freakishly cooking them following the mentioned above methods!